We download items onto our computers all the time — pictures, programs, documents, and more — and these downloads all automatically go to. available already for that. You can specify where do you want to put files you download. For example, in Chrome: download totalfon.net To change the location of your download files under BitTorrent, click on the Options menu > Preferences > Directories: Next, tick the box next to.
How to specify location of download files - sorry, that
How to change the download location in Windows 10, 8, 7
Change default download location on PC
- After you power up the Windows 7, 8 or Windows 10 PC, you will have to left click on the desktop icon you will have in the start screen.
- Now after you get to your desktop feature right click on the “Windows Explorer” icon presented in the lower left side of the screen.
- Now from the menu that pops up you will need to left click on the “Desktop” icon.
Note: You can also access the “Desktop” by double clicking (left clicking) on My Computer or This PC (depending on your OS version) and after the window with “My Computer” is opened you can left click on the “Desktop” icon in the left side of the screen.
- Now, after you selected the “Desktop”, some icons will be shown in the right side of the window and you will need to double click (left click) on the folder with the name of your account.
- In the folder you opened that had your account name, you will have to right click on “Downloads” folder presented there.
- After you right clicked the “Downloads” folder you will need to left click on “Properties”.
- Now that the “Properties” window is open, you will need to left click on the “Location” tab presented in the upper side of that window.
- Now that you have selected the “Location” tab you can see the path where the download items are going .
- Left click on the “Move…” button you have under the specified path.
- Now after you left clicked on “Move…” you will have to write there yourself the drive where you want your items to be downloaded and also in which folder.
Note: If the folder you have written does not exist after you left click on the “Apply” button situated in the lower right side of the screen you will be asked if you want to create that download folder and you will left click on “OK” to confirm.
- Another “Move folder” window will appear which it will show you the old and the new location where you will have to left click on the “Yes” button situated in the lower right side of the screen.
- Now, you will have to left click on the “OK” button in the “Download Properties” window.
- Go to your new location where you selected to download your files and check if Windows 7, 8 or Windows 10 system has made a “Downloads” folder there.
Note: Reboot your Windows 7, 8 or Windows 10 device if it hasn’t created the “Downloads” folder to the new directory and check again after power up.
How do I change the default save location in Windows 10?
If Windows 10 is your OS of choice, you can also change the download folder save location from the Settings page:
- Go to Settings > System > select Storage
- Now, click on the option Change where new content is saved
- Set your preferred download location for each item category.
So, now you can go and download your files or programs in Windows 7, 8 or Windows 10 without having to worry about the download location. Share your thoughts on this article in the comments below and feel free to list your suggestions on what we can do to help you further in your Windows 7, 8 or Windows 10 computer.
Also, the location where a Windows 10 update is saved on your computer is tricky, but for that, you can check this fresh guide here on where’s the default download folder for the Windows 10 versions.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in October and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in October and was revamped and updated in June for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.